Our client, a successful hedge fund with over $4.5B in AUM, is eager to hire an experienced legal and compliance professional to join their NYC team in a leadership role. Reporting into the General Counsel, the CCO & Attorney will handle the day to day compliance program while also providing support in legal matters. This new hire will be the only fully dedicated compliance professional for the firm so s/he must be comfortable handling everything from day to day compliance matters to senior level strategic decisions as it relates to the organization.
- Ability to step into the CCO seat with an established and growing hedge fund
- Individual will have oversight of the entire compliance program and have the opportunity to opine on strategic business matters as well
- Firm boasts top quartile peer performance in 2022
- the compliance infrastructure of two registered investment advisors; prepare regulatory filings (Form ADV, Blue Sky, Form D, Form PF)
- Maintain the firm’s compliance program; develop and maintain policies and procedures; perform periodic testing of policies
- Monitor legal developments as it relates to legal, regulatory and compliance areas to design and implement new compliance initiatives as necessary
- Assist in fund formation and fund launches; review offering memorandum, LPAs, etc.
- Prepare annual compliance reviews; support key third party relationships and conduct due diligence reviews
- Negotiate prime brokerage agreements, custodial agreements, trading agreements (ISDA, MRA, GMRA), and NDAs/confidentiality agreements
- Must have at least 6-10 years of experience – ideally both law firm and in-house experience at an asset management firm or registered investment advisor
- Knowledge of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1930 is required; experience overseeing compliance infrastructure and advising on securities laws
- Excellent analytical and communication skills; strong attention to detail and must be able to identify and analyze regulatory and compliance issues within a fast-paced environment